Advisory, Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Advisory, Restructuring & Insolvency specialists are experienced in delivering effective and timely solutions to address a broad range of business and personal circumstances. Our services include:
- Liquidations and receiverships
- International asset tracing and recovery
- Provisional liquidations and shareholder dispute resolution
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Creditor representation
- Controlled wind-down and group restructuring.
Many of our appointments pertain to companies or funds with operations, assets and litigation in multiple foreign jurisdictions. We regularly act jointly with Insolvency Practitioners and forensic accounting professionals in countries such as the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, UK, US and Australian and as a member of Baker Tilly International we can call upon our member firms in 147 countries to provide clients with international experience, local knowledge and specialist advice.
As the oldest and one of the largest firms in the BVI, our multi-disciplinary team also has experience in many other jurisdictions in the region, including the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Anguilla, Nevis, Bahamas, Antigua and Jamaica. We have strong, long-standing relationships with leading local legal, finance and regulatory professionals which assist us with providing quality service right across both the Caribbean and internationally.
Our specialist Advisory, Restructuring & Insolvency team has many years of experience in a variety of assignments around the globe. Recent assignments include:
- Compulsory and voluntary liquidations of high profile BVI, Cayman Islands and Anguilla mutual funds.
- Cross-border liquidations and investigations into business companies involving disputes between shareholders, allegations of fraud or misfeasance and cross-border litigation.
- Advisor and liquidation committee representative for creditors and investors of hedge funds subject to insolvency proceedings.
- Liquidation of funds connected to Nikolai Battoo and BC Capital
- Liquidation of funds invested in Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Liquidation of a BVI company in connection with the Bank Century collapse.
- Liquidation of a major hotels and resorts in the BVI and Anguilla.
- Cross-border insolvency appointments involving asset tracing and recovery in Russia, Ukraine, Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia.
- Liquidation of companies involved in a real estate development and infrastructure projects in the Caribbean and Middle East.
- Liquidation of BVI companies trading locally.
- Solvent liquidations of regulated entities such as investment funds and insurance companies.
Please visit our client engagement portals below for access to websites which have been created to assist external parties and facilitate the provision of copies of press releases and other relevant information and documentation to investors, creditors and other interested parties: